Tuesday, 9 October 2012

A Social Gathering

So.. I think I've finished? I'm at that place where I don't know if I've edited too much, just enough or not enough. But if I carry on will I end up with too much? I think I need to leave it alone for a bit and come back to it later to decide. But this is more or less my final piece. Obviously I had to make life hard for myself on the very first project by making it 3D but I slowly slowly got there. And I am a lot happier with it than I thought I'd be. The composition is a bit off but there's not much I can do about that now unless I dismantle the whole thing...which just might destroy me!

*Inspiration*
Girl in tree: Cassandra Rhodin
Screaming boy: Oliver Jeffers
Creep behind chair: Edward Gorey
Girl under table: Mary Blair
Other thing under table: Joan Miro
Elephant: Dr Seuss
Drunk old lady: Erte
And the girl in the middle looking scared is supposed to be me.

2 comments:

  1. This is so nice, I love the layered effect you've gone for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephen! It took a while to make. And well done with that competition! I heard you won!

      Delete